Thursday, September 15, 2011

SEPTEMBER 20, 2011 S.H.A.R.E.





























"Our entire life consists ultimately in accepting ourselves as WE are." - Jean Anouilh



Ultimately that is what I had to do to be happy and have self-love. By having my own self love I am able to love others. I accept who I am today with all my imperfections. I feel alive. I do not have to hide anymore. I am me! I am who I am! I was searching for something and the answer was right there all the time. It is sort of like Dorothy Gale from Kansas trying to find the answers and all the answers are right at home. Right at home is within yourself. You cannot imagine the relief. You cannot imagine the burden being lifted ONCE you accept YOU.



Turtle, turtle, where have you gone and where do you go now?


Butterfly, butterfly where have you gone, and where do you go now?


Bee, Bee where have you gone, and where do you go now?




We all have dreams. One of my dreams is for Rick and I to own land. We want to grow wild flowers, plant trees, and have ponds for the wildlife. We want to go into my Secret Garden and sit, meditate and pray. The magazines that arrive at our home are now Horticulture, American Bee Journal, and Needlepoint Now. I now have all my conventional and integrative medical journals on line or delivered to the office. I want some composure of a life.


Did you ever feel you live and breathe your occupation?


Realize this: The moths, honeybees, humming birds and beetles that visit your flowering plants in your garden for nectar and pollen are invaluable to our lives. I know some of you do not think like this.


You know what you are missing? You are missing a connection with nature... Mother Earth. Each of you must thank the pollinators, especially the honeybees because one out of every three bites of food we take is dependent on the insect, bird and bat pollinators.



Share your garden with those pollinators. Do you ever plant wild flowers within your garden of tomatoes, squash, cucumbers and herbs?


While reading Horticulture this month, I was enlightened by the theme, S.H.A.R.E.



S.H.A.R.E. means Simply Have Areas Reserved for the Environment



Rick and I have reserved space for the honeybees in Cherry Grove, Fire Island by introducing them into a wild overgrown area. You and pollinators must be in communication. The success for the future of pollinators especially Apis mellifera is in YOUR HANDS!





Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment