Wednesday, September 28, 2011

SEPTEMBER 30, 2011 MAKING A FLOWER ESSENCE























"If wanting health you must cease to think sickness and fear. You must get in the habit of thinking harmony and health. There can be no sickness without fear." - The Mental Equivalent - Emmett Fox

From a friend --"A good friend is cheaper than therapy." --unknown

One way to be in touch with the natural world is by honoring a plant. I relate this to hugging a tree. I love to hug trees. It is paying tribute to an old friend. Another form of meditation for me is to sit in silence with my own body and mind next to a plant or tree. Recently at a wedding on Amelia Island off the coast of Florida I had the opportunity to be among trees covered with Spanish Moss. What a treat! How beautiful!

Today we will learn how to make a flower essence.

The tools you will need are--

1. cornmeal

2. a clear glass bowl (5" in diameter and 3 inches deep)

3. clean fresh water

4. two sharp stones (I prefer to use my crystals)

5. muslin cloth, 4-6 inch square

6. small funnel

7. grain alcohol- like gin or vodka; NO rubbing alcohol

8. small dark brown or cobalt blue bottles (1 or 2 oz. size) I obtain mine from http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/



Choose the flower you want to work with--

1. What flower do you want to make an essence from?

2. What flower are you drawn to?

3. What flower to you want to become acquainted with?

I am drawn to the Mint Family- like bugle weed, lemon balm, peppermint...

4. Pick it from your garden or from along the road side as long as you are least two feet away from the road.

5. Give thanks and praise to the Earth Mother for the flower. One way to do this is to sprinkle some cornmeal on the plant/flower you choose. You may want to give thanks in another way which is fine. Just give thanks- never take without giving thanks to Earth Mother.




Capture the essence--

1. Fill glass bowl with water to about 1 inch from top

2. Place bowl on the ground near the plant you have chosen

3. Using the stones gently cut the bloom from the stem and allow it to fall onto the bowl of water

4. DO NOT touch the flower as this will disturb its purity

5. If the blossom is small, use several.

6. You may want to do this on the night of a full moon.

7. Allow to stand undisturbed three to four hours or overnight.

8. Pour water from the blossom bowl into small bottles half full of the alcohol, using muslin to strain.


The rest is your plant journey... an energizing experience with you and the plant blossom. The plant/flower has a verbal message. I didn't understand at first when I did this, but I certainly do now. When a mentor told me to ask the plant to receive its blessing--I didn't understand. You may not understand either, but always trust your intuition. If at any time this does not feel right, then stop.

It felt right for me so I continued. I remember one Oct 31st when I didn't feel right using stones to open the heavenly gates. This was part of energy medicine that I was studying using gemstones.

Once you feel it is ok, ask permission and start to breathe and meditate. Breathe 4-7-8 (in-hold-exhale). You will be amazed at where your mind will take you. You will be so relaxed.

Trust me- it will be an experience you will never forget and you will want to repeat it from time to time.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment