Sunday, June 3, 2012

JUNE 3, 2012 NOURISHING THE SPIRIT AND SMUDGING






" CHANGE: Know that nothing ever stays the same." - Dan Millman

This is such a true statement, just as Time heals everything. Yogi masters stated in a far away land and time that war will occur in the 21st century between spirituality and materialism. This is happening as we speak. Tonight as I listened to a herbalist panel discuss " Nourishing the Spirit with Herbs," I knew one thing,. I have changed. I would never in my wildest dreams think that I would listening to such a lecture and be able to comprehend the meaning of exploring herbs to heal the spiritual heart. This was just one topic--the Heart is where we contact wisdom.
Another change has been with plants. Yes I study plants/herbs and botany. I study medicine. I study bees. The unusual aspect is my connection to the essence or the spirit of the plant. I do not have a connection with every plant species, but about a handful. This for me has been a wonderful way to heal's ones body, mind and spirit. If you let yourself be yourself --you can also have access tot he power of plants. Read Power Plant or Plant Spirit Medicine.  This is change in oneself. As I have always stated, ' Change creates fear." I am not fearful of any change. It is a lesson. It probably is a lesson that I must be taught, or a lesson that I know but need to see the lesson in a different perspective.



Each plant has a vibration. The plant brings its own energy to support the physiological effects of the constituents and actions of the body. Many plants are used to move energy, clear obstacles open channels and receive vibrations. Some of these plants are psycho-spiritual plants. These raise the frequency of life force with plants. Some of these plants are:
1. Mugwort
2. Agrimony
3. Black Cohash
4. Yarrow
5. Evening Primrose
6. Roses

There are some herbs that restore positivity.This is releasing the old energy and establish a positive field. Many of these herbs are used in ceremony or divinations.  Our Native elders have taught us many things. One, is that before a person can be healed or heal another, one must be cleansed of any bad feelings, negative thoughts, negative spirits or negative energy.  This can help the healing come through a different way.
Yes, this cardiologist is discussing smudging.  All ceremonies must be entered with a good heart so we can pray, sing and walk in a sacred manner. On February 11, 2012, Rick and I were smudged before we entered into marriage. Sage, the most common herb is smudging was used. Sage ( Salvia officinalis ) and other types are sage are used. Last night I was smudged as I entered a Nourishing Herb Lecture and tonight I will be smudged again as I enter the GREEN TEMPLE OF THE HOLY CLOVERS with Cascade Anderson Geller. I am very grateful and very blessed.

Other herbs used for smudging are Sagebrush ( Artemisia californica ) and Mugwort ( Artemisia vulgaris) Sage and these other botanicals are burned to drive out bad spirits, feelings, or influences. It is also done to keep bad spirits from entering the area where a ceremony is taking place.
Cedar is also commonly used.It is burned while praying out loud or in silence. The prayers rise on the cedar smoke and are brought to our Creator. Cedar branches are brushed int he air to cleanse a home or place where a ceremony is taking place.

I suggest that you witness a smudging ceremony. I am sure there were many at our marriage four months ago that for the first time witnessed a smudging. It was very moving for both Rick and I. The energy in the room was overwhelming . The clippings of sage were burned, rubbed into the minister hands and then to our hands, and the smoke rubbed into our hands. It was rubbed into areas where we needed spiritual healing The healing for both of us was the heart--the spiritual heart. Prayers flowed all the while that the unseen powers of the plant cleansed our spirits. A feather was used over each of us. The altar was decorated with white oak, crystals and white flowers. All had a symbol. Rick made sure each attendee had a booklet outlining the aspects of the ceremony.

I look back while tears, a smile and happiness.
" His eyes tell me of peace....."
" His dance tell me of peace..."

I am talking about the plants.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment