Friday, June 8, 2012

JUNE 8, 2012 ART, ART, ART




" It is more important to listen to artists than to politicians. I think that art is really one of these revolutionary forces in the world." - Victor Pinchuk - The New Yorker


I couldn't agree more. Medicine is an art. Art is the highest form of art. It is the artist's expression of the world as they see it. You may not always like different forms of art. The idea is to see as much art in this world as you can. In order to see art, you have to attend either art openings at galleries or visit museums. This is a self-esteemable hobby. It allows you to open up yourself to sculptures, different forms of paintings and photography and much more. You will never know about art unless you expose yourself to art. Artists are more important than politicians, but I do not discuss politics, sex nor religion. I have learned my lesson many years ago. Everything I write is my opinion and not opinion of others.

In the last 15 years, Rick and I have exposed ourselves to different forms of art. We attend gallery openings when invited, look in the New York Times for interesting exhibits and go to exhibitions at various  art museums. We visited the Philadelphia Museum to attend the Picasso Exhibit. Years ago after I attended my dad's reunion for the USS Monterey at the Seaport Museum in Philadelphia . Afterwards I went to the Salvatore Dali exhibit  I recently combined a conference in St Petersburg with a visit to the Salvador Dali Museum. As you can tell, I love Dali.

During this week we visited the art gallery opening of LOVE OR FEAR. We had the privilege and honor to attend the VIP opening of three female artists, one of which we know very well. These artists are --our dear friend, Francesca Galliani , and two unknown artists to us- Nona Hendrix and Gina Raphaela. Check their art at http://www.catmchelsea.com/

I was amazed and inspired by all three forms of their different artwork. I am partial to Francesca's work as I love her expression of the body. This exhibit was her expression of the female body which was actually provocative and new for me. I would love to see her male work. One particular piece above was meditative and serene for me. For me this piece ( see above- guess which one I loved the best-) expressed culture of the world- both Italian and Asian. It also for me had mankind toward the left walking. Walking where ...unknown as to me mankind is just walking. It represents to me a loss of purpose for man. He walks and walks. This piece allows me to think. Think about life and traditions. There are some traditions we should go back to..  as herbal therapy . There are spiritual beliefs we need to bring  back to our life. This piece was very spiritual to me and allows me to look into the artist, Ms Galliani with a different light

Visit galleries and museums. Make it part of your life. It can be very inspiring. It is a great HOBBY

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment