Friday, June 29, 2012

JUNE 29, 2012 ST LUKES GARDEN

SILENCE IS A SOURCE OF GREAT STRENGTH'

  - Lao Tzu










Who is Lao Tzu ? Have you ever heard of him. You should read his books and learn his quotes. These life quotes have helped me in the worst of times. The quotes have made me think about life. The quotes have made me smile, and sometimes cry. It's hard to pin down a biography of Lao Tzu (570-490 BC). There are numerous legends about him. Many believe he never existed at all, while historians can point to several possible historical identities for him. Regardless, the legends give the book an endearing, human face. They all place him in Luoyang , the ancient capital of China. There are great stories about Lao Tzu and Confucius
The most famous legends are of how he came to write the Tao and of his meeting with Confucius . There were many great spiritual leaders around the 6th century B.C.E. . Greece had Plato and Socrates; India had the Buddha and China had Confucius and Lao Tzu. Born in Ch'u (present-day Henan Province), Lao Tzu (), which literally means "old master", is also sometimes referred to as Lao Tan or Li Er.
Lao Tzu  was appointed Keeper of the Imperial Archives by the King of Zhou in Luoyang. He studied the archive's books avidly and his insight grew. Hearing of Lao Tzu's wisdom, Confucius travelled to meet him. Confucius put a lot of emphasis on traditional rituals, customs and rites.
Confucius asked Lao Tzu about performing rites and rituals. Lao Tzu replied: "The bones of the people you are talking about have long since turned to dust!

Read his writings and his quotes !

I have learned to much in my short lifetime. I am a grateful man. I was reading as usual, but I came across a reading that made me feel more grateful. It made me think that life is aglow with a blaze

' Through the ups and downs of the cycles of your life
and the seasons of the year,
Remember to poke aside the charred wood, trusting that no matter how advanced the destruction, there will always be one ember yet aglow.


When you find it , tend it with love and hope.
Feed it with your breath,
Dress it with the tender twigs of fresh fuel.
There is always an ember.
Sooner or later it will catch fire. '

This always reminds me of hope. It reminds  me when you feel that all is lost, it is that you have merely released that which has served its purpose. This allows you to proceed unhampered in your journey. This morning I placed on my neck a " blue lapiz, " on a rope cloth black chain. By the end of the day it was not arond my neck. I found it within my dark blue shirt. I knew the stone had done its service. I will wear it no more. I mentioned it to Rick. I felt it absorbed all the 'bad' energy of the day. I need to cleanse. Then I thought and thought.  I thought about the source of the stone and who bestowed it in my hands. After the day, I did my mind searching. I found out that the individual had died today who gave it to me. I am blessed to have had the stone protect me for so long. I will always keep the stone. I will cherish the stone, but I will not wear the stone. It has done its good.

Do you remember your backyard as a child? I called it my backyard. I think this a New York thing. There is a place in New York City you must visit. It is your day to find a piece of  PEACE  and quiet. I will visit the Lotus Garden this Sunday. It will a great time to start the first day of the new month. Rick and I could also go and visit The St Luke's Garden on Hudson Street. I love this garden .( It is between Barrow and Grove Street) I have been there before.. I know it is open on the weekends. Of course it is open 1 - 4pm, the same time I want to go to the Lotus Garden. I have choices. I love the fact that I have choices today.
This little quiant garden function as a backyard to some of the most beauitful nineteenth century bropwnstones in the city. They may not be the best example of NYC brownstones, but to me I love the garden and those houses. I often wonder who lived in those homes, and who lives there now.
I love going to the garden in the fall, so I have made up my mind.

Find the peace and quiet of New York ---

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment