Tuesday, August 17, 2010

AUGUST 17, 2010 THE HIGHEST CALIBER: D-RIBOSE AND SIR WINSTON



"Never let the grass grow too high, before you say what you want."

and to complement the above...

"Life is not always what one wants it to be, but to make the best of it as it is, is the only way of being happy." - Jennie Jerome Churchill

Thank you Karen M for the second quote.

I was given this advice years ago from a sensible caring loving woman. Unfortunately she must have learned by not doing this and wanted to pass it along to me. I have not learned either, and let resentments/anger build, although not as frequently as in the past. I practice forgiveness. Sometimes I have to let it out, whether the outcome is good or bad. Sometimes I write a letter and never mail it. When I get an angry response back or answers to the questions/comments made, I know I touched a nerve. Hopefully this doesn't end the communication, but sometimes it does. Hopefully, we each have learned from this. I do not like assumptions. It is better to call than to write as writing does not give the inflection or tone of the voice. I do know that I will continue to pray including for those I might have held anger or resentment for in the past.

As I blog, I try not to live in the past or the future, I live in the present. Prayer and meditation is a must for me.

Making the best of what life deals you is the best answer. It is life on life's terms. Why complain about what life has to offer. You make the best of it and it starts to change. This will make you happy if you make the best of what life has to offer. Everyone deserves some type of happiness. I am happy. I didn't say I was happy all of the time, but for the most part I am happy. Remember nothing is perfect. It is progress not perfection.

For some reason, Jo Stafford singing "Till we Meet Again" came to my mind. It is so strange how the songs of my parent's era echo and resonate within me. I am an old soul. Also, I was humming "White Cliffs of Dover" after I heard Vera Lynn sing it on the iPod this morning.

Back to the heart...I wanted to get back to supplements of the heart. I diverted yesterday because yellow jasmine intrigued me. Prior blogging had to do with L-carnitine for strengthening the heart muscle. I use L-carnitine with a simple sugar, D-ribose, a monosaccharide. D-ribose was first reported in 1891 by Emil Fischer. D-ribsoe in the past years has been marketed as a supplement for bodybuilders with a common dose being 5 g.(5,000 mg).

There are conflicting studies. While some state that they found increase exercise endurance and recovery, there are others who have found no benefit. I know some clinics that prescribe using 5 grams upwards for the treatment of fatigue in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) and fibromyalgia. When the heart muscle has a sudden drop in flow either by partial or complete obstruction, there is a decrease in energy in the form of ATP. D-ribose is the natural ingredient for building more ATP. Thus some feel that D-ribose can rejuvenate the heart muscle. There was a landmark study where D-ribose was given during surgery and the results were dramatic in a positive way. These studies have shown that D-ribose has a powerful protective effect for the heart especially under the most stressful conditons as a heart attack (myocardial infarction) or partial blockage of a coronary artery (ischemia and/or angina).

After D-ribose supplementation, the heart muscle pain and fatigue is reduced. This supplement can lead to better delivery of oxygen rich blood to an area that is deprived of oxygen. Other studies have used D-ribose for hypertension and congestive heart failure. I feel that general conventional cardiologists need to review the studies about L-carnitine, D-ribose and Coenzyme Q10. We do know that daily supplementation of D-ribose will increase the total amount of ATP produced by four fold. That is incredible. I suggest you try some for yourself before working out. Human muscle does lose ATP after extreme exercise. It has been shown that exhausted muscle takes a longer time to replenish, whereas those taking D-ribose do not need as much replenishing. I wonder if exercise trainers know anything about D-ribose? I do not consider D-ribose as strength training but as a replenishing supplement of ATP which every cell needs.



WHITE CLIFFS OF DOVER
There'll be bluebirds over
The white cliffs of Dover
Tomorrow
Just you wait and see

I'll never forget the people I met
Braving those angry skies
I remember well as the shadows fell
The light of hope in their eyes

And though I'm far away
I still can hear them say
Bombs up...
But when the dawn comes up

Therell be bluebirds over
The white cliffs of Dover
Tomorrow
Just you wait and see

Therell be love and laughter
And peace ever after
Tomorrow
When the world is free

The shepherd will tend his sheep
The valley will bloom again
And Jimmy will go to sleep
In his own little room again

Therell be bluebirds over
The white cliffs of Dover
Tomorrow
Just you wait and see

Therell be bluebirds over
The white cliffs of Dover
Tomorrow
Just you wait and see...
Until tomorrow...

A diva of the 19th Century...
Jeannette Jerome, otherwise known as "Jennie". Born on January 9, 1954, Jennie was named after the Swedish soprano Jennie Lind. The dark-haired, doe-eyed Jennie was one of the most notable and fashionable beauties of her day and her goings-on were anxiously followed by those interested in society gossip.

It was for her first marriage that she is primarily remembered. In 1874, Jennie Jerome wed Lord Randolph Churchill, becoming the titled "Lady Randolph Churchill". The two had met a year previously, at a ball, prior to their marriage. Her greatest claim to lasting fame, however, is that one of the two sons she bore her husband turned out to be Winston Churchill. What mother would not be proud of her son, Winston Churchill.
I never wanted to feel uncomfortable in a group. For this reason I read many biographies growing up. I wanted to be prepared to discuss anyone that might be mentioned. I have read two biographies on Winston Chruchill. I love his quotes. This is one of my favorites.

A man does what he must - in spite of personal consequences, in spite of obstacles and dangers and pressures - and that is the basis of all human morality.

No comments:

Post a Comment