Thursday, August 19, 2010

AUGUST 19, 2010 SURRENDER TO ....D-RIBOSE, GOD AND YOURSELF






"DETACH - LIVE IN THE HERE AND NOW. Allow life to happen and unfold instead of always trying to control it. Release regrets over the past and fears about the future."

Yes, back to living in the NOW. Not the past and not the future. I think I need to reiterate this for me more than for you. I have heard time and time again, it is Life on Life's terms. It sounds easy, but it is not. I can attest to that. I miss some of the past. I miss the family of the past that are no longer here. I see patients who do not talk to their parents nor grandparents. I cannot understand that. But I understand how it happens. I miss the calls from my dad. Rick and I miss his weekly visits to my office with eggplant parmigana and expresso. I especially miss the holidays. That is a lie, I miss every single Sunday at my childhood home.

Now do I miss the days of active alcohol/drug use? Not at all. A bad day today cannot even compare to a bad day back then. I am so far removed from those days in years, but I never forget them nor take anything for granted. Do you take anything for granted? Do I miss past relationships of friends, family and partners? It depends on who it is, what happened, and if they are in my life today. I have always said that things change. Change is good; Change is fear; I am trying to be fearless. No one can be completely fearless. I know I cannot. Instead of holding on to resentments and anger, I let it out. Let the chips fall where they may. Let God, prayer and meditation guide me in the right direction. I have met some who have a real need to hold on to relationships of the past. I would love to in every single case, but if it doesn't happen naturally, then I must move on. Have you moved on from past love relationships ? I had to, I did it and let go. These relationships were toxic. Every one deserves happiness. This means you do also.
Get to know and love yourself first. Let life unfold. Get happy :)

Back to our heart... Two days ago I was writing about D-ribose. This important nutrient is underutilized. Any patient with heart disease has depleted energy. The addition of L-carnitine and D-ribose will revitalize the energy lost. There are no drugs that increase the energy pool. I hoped to find it in a product called NT-Factor. I had favorable results but when the NT-factor was discontinued, the low energy level of the patient returned. You need to consult a health care professional and ask can you take D-ribose. There are no contraindications and no toxic effects if taken as directed. There is not enough data for pregnant females, nursing mothers or woman contemplating pregnancy. I have seen people take too much D-ribose and have gastrointestinal side effects of nausea and abdominal pain. Since D-ribose is a sugar you would think it would cause an insulin spike after consumption. However, it has been studied and it does not.

There are no known drug or nutritional interactions with D-ribose. Prior to L-carnitine and D-ribose, the one nutrient that has been a powerhouse to the cell , tissues and body is Coenzyme Q10. I do not want to go 'biochemical or medical' with you, so in the next two days I will try to make the discussion brief. I am happy to write that Coenzyme Q10 is used more today by conventional cardiologists than I ever would have thought. Could I say to a great extent? Absolutely not. The literature in this country, and Europe is ignored by allopathic profesisonals when it comes to vita-nutrients. I could say the same about herb use. The general public knows more about supplements and herbs than their own doctor. This is due to the internet. If you search the internet , how many article would you read about the benefits of Coenzyme Q 10?
a. 10,000
b. 20,000
c. 30,000
The correct answer is choice (c). Keep reading daily to find out why.

Living in New York City is never dull. Most people do not take advantage of what the city has to offer. Yes, it might be pricey, but there are many things to do that are for free. A walk in Central Park is free. Did you ever notice or count the number of great sculptures and statues in Central Park? So while going to a meeting two days ago, I went by Times Square. I was in awe. A huge statue in Times Square resembling the famous Life magazine photo of a sailor kissing a woman. The statue was unveiled this weekend on the 65th anniversary of the end of World War II in Japan.

This 25 foot statue is based on a famous Life Magazine photo of New Yorkers celebrating the end of the war with Japan on Aug. 14, 1945. The name of the sculpture is Unconditional. Johnson said it is based on a similar, less well known, photograph by Victor Jorgensen.

Go see it !
Since books are part of my life and always will be, enjoy the hand made cross stitch bookmarks.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment