Tuesday, August 24, 2010

AUGUST 25, 2010 TRUE CLARITY- HAPPY BIRTHDAY














"Don't Underestimate love at first sight. Many might not pass a second inspection. This man does."

"Love is friendship set to music." - Channing Pollack

"To love someone is to seek his best and highest good"

"Whoever pursues godliness and unfailing love will find life, godliness and honor." Proverbs 21:21

At about 3:00 pm today , fifty four years ago a child was born. His name was Frederick Ellis Byrd, Jr. He is first born son of Nancy Walker Byrd and Frederick Byrd, Sr of Suffolk Virginia. It was a proud day for these parents. God had blessed them with a healthy baby boy. A gifted child, Rick (shortened from Frederick) made his parents proud. An older brother to Michael Clay Byrd born six years later. Young Rick had many aspirations, each of which he took seriously. He worked hard in school. With the guidance of his parents he finished not only college but a PhD in Education. A vice president of marketing for a well-known publishing company allowed him to travel the world. With each trip his trusty camera captured the moments. His eye for unique photographs won him an Excellence Award in Photography, publishing his 'red boat' photograph.

The rest of the story can be told in song:

“Some Enchanted Evening” I met “ Happiness is a Thing called Rick”. I thought to myself, “All I Need is the Boy” and “I’ll Be There" “As Long as He Needs Me” we will be together till death do us part. “As Time Goes By”, some friends “Didn’t Believe Me” , but Patsy Cline says “Back in Baby’s Arms” I will always be. Dearest Rick “Be my Life’s Companion” as Rosemary Clooney sings . So “Before the Parade Passes By” I want to say “ Can’t Help Loving That Man” and I love you, “ More Than You Ever Know". “The Best of Times” is yet to come, and it is not “A Boulevard of Broken Dreams”

How do you learn to love? It isn't an easy task. A healing change must take place. This healing change happened some time ago. My attitude had to change in order for me to start a chain reaction of repair and healing. I had to begin a healing attitude towards people I had harmed, make amends which allowed me to move forward and hopefully begin to trust and love. In order to love again I had to change the dynamics of past relationships. This allowed me to open a blessed door of love. It allowed me to release the energy of love and healing. Positive feelings returned.

Without looking for love, without ever thinking it would possible, God spiritually connects two individuals . These two individuals were from different backgrounds, different upbringings and both were "givers". God wanted these two to learn how to give openly and honestly with each other and give to others without each getting hurt as they had in the past. They did not become co-dependent but pretty darn close. They each have their own hobbies, their own 'habits' and their own idenity. Together they are best friends. It is a gift from heaven to be in love with your best friend.


To Rick
with pride, love and appreciation
A best friend
A magnificent life partner
Happy Birthday
Love Patrick

I couldn't write about something medical, so I wanted to maybe find an herb that express what I feel today. That herb is Angelica. A perennial plant in the parsley family, angelica is a Chinese herb whose roots, rhizomes (underground stems), fruits, and leaves are used medicinally. The many Angelica species include A. aeufiloba, A. archangeliea, A. atropurpurea, A. dahuriea, A. edulis, A. gigas, A. keiskei, A. koreana, A. polymorpha, A. pubeseens, A. radix, and A. sinensis.


Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. What a great day! Happy Birthday Rick!
    All the best for you both!


    We are, each of us angels with only one wing; and we can only fly by embracing one another.

    Luciano de Crescenzo

    ReplyDelete