Friday, December 10, 2010

DECEMBER 10, 2010 I SEE (IC) PAINLESS BLADDERS ACROSS 15 STATES WITH CANNABIS





" A TRULY GREAT PERSON IS THE ONE WHO GIVES YOU A CHANCE." - Paul Duffy

Are you a great person ? I am not fond of the word ' great' Who is really a great person. How do you define the word great.
Clearly it can be defined as the following

1.unusually or comparatively large in size or dimensions
2.large in number; numerous:
3.unusual or considerable in degree, power, intensity, etc.
5.being such in an extreme or notable degree
6.notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding:
7.important; highly significant or consequential:
8.distinguished; famous
Which definition would you consider for yourself ? I would rather say a truly loving compassionate or caring person gives you a chance. I do believe that every person deserves a chance in life. A second chance. A twelve step program has given millions of individuals a second chance. What is the saying , " Three strikes and you're out." If giving someone a chance means you are a 'softie' or 'sap' then I am a softie. Maybe I used to be. Maybe I was an enabler. Everyone has been a softie at one point in time. The better word is can you forgive. Forgiveness is important in allowing oneself to let go of anger and resentments. So for now, Today is a GREAT day ! and ' You will be a great person if you pass this blog along to another person


There are other herbs for soothing inflammation of the bladder. Hollyhock is just one herb. Some prefer Slippery Elm (Ulmus rubra) and the other is Marshmallow ( Althea
officinalis
)

To relieve pain the botanical must have spasmolytic and/or analgesic properties. The herbt hat is most commonly prescribed is Kava kava ( Piper methysticum ) Most of us know Kava kava as an anxiolytic, so if there is truth that interstitial cystitis (IC) has a psychoneurogenic component then I could see this herb having benefit. I have used an average on 2 ml of Kava three times a day for IC. I have also used Lobelia ( Lobelia inflata) Most health care practitioner use loeblia for nicotine cessation, but even this is debatable.

A hot topic in botanical is the use of Marijuana ( Cannabis sativa) Marijuana is legal for medicinal use in 15 states. These states are Alaska ( 1998), Arizona (2010)
California ( 1996), Colorado (2000), DC (2010), Hawaii (2000), Maine (1999), Michigan (2008)) Montana (2004) Nevada (2000), New Jersey (2010), New Mexico (2007)
Oregon (1998), Rhode Island ( 2006) Vermont (2004) and Washington (1998) Each state has its own regulations, amount used, type of plant species and for what purpose.
Recently I have attended various lectures of Cannibis. I find the arguments for its use to be interesting and not without debate.

I have seen one herbalist use Rupturewort ( Herniaria glabra) The name alone frightens me. I have seen this in the Botanical Gardens. I have never seen it flower but I amt old it does have a flower. The nursery industry calls it Green Carpet and well they should. This lovely bright green creeper spreads effortlessly in all directions filling up to two feet per plant. I think you will agree that if you have lots of land with rocks and maybe a stream, it would look beautiful.


Kava kava on the bottom , Green Carpet or Rupturewort on the btop two photographs.

More IC tomorrow...
Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment