Sunday, December 19, 2010

DECEMBER 19, 2010 UNCONDITONAL LOVE ON A BLISTERY DAY






" Keep your mind and your heart going in the right direction and you will not have to worry about your feet."


I let my feet do the walking for the last 16 + years when it has come to attending a 12 step meeting. Even when I didn't want to go on a rainy or cold night I would some how end up in a church basement. It has been a blessing is disguise. I never underestimate the cunning, baffling and insidious onset of any addiction.
My mind is on medicine and Mother Earth
My heart is on Rick, Alyssa , Gregory , family , friends, patients and the unconditional love of our pets
My feet are always in the right direction guided by my Higher Power

The Holiday times creates stress for me. I do not like shopping. I always try to make hand made Holiday gifts and cards. As I start to get stressed my lips quiver and the residing dormant virus on the nerve endings occurs. It is the painful fever blister known as Herpes I. These fever blisters are agitated by stress, tension, a lowered immune system ( in my case lack of sleep ) and sometimes even a diet rich in sugar and nuts. Nuts contain arginine which is the herpes virus fuel source.

I have learned to prevent outbreaks. I know when they start to happen as I get a sensation in my lower lips The following are steps to prevent the outbreak
1. I start to drink bitter teas to cool of my liver. I will tell you straight out that they do not taste well. These are Oregon Root, Dandelion and Yellow Dock
2. I add some Reishi mushrooms to my diet
3. I take echinacea tincture 1/2 dropperful twice to three times a day
4. I immediately start the two amino acids, lysine and proline in high doses
Lysine 500mg (6-8/day ) and Proline 500mg ( 6-8/day)

I have listened to many other herbalists regarding Licorice ( Glycyhhriza glabra) for the treatment of Herpes simplex I and II.It is the genus of the pea family. There are many medicinal uses for Licorice. I have used it in the treatment of peptic ulcer disease, but in the deglycerized version
In addition to starting some or all of 1-4 above, start applying licorice tincture to the affected area. I have seen others talk about adding lemon balm in the essential oil form. I like the combination of three tinctures St John's Wort, Licorice and calendula. Mix and dab throughout the day. I prefer due to work situation to drink the maximal dose of 1 teaspoon three times a day.

When I feel under-the-weather or in need of the ever TLC ( tender loving care) there is nothing better than nap with Spencer, Grant and Jack ( oh yes, with my partner is the icing on the cake. Thanks Rick)

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment