Tuesday, December 28, 2010

DECEMBER 28, 2010 IT AMAZES ME







" THE PARADOX OF CONTROL IS SIMPLE. THE MORE WE TRY TO CONTROL LIFE, THE LESS CONTROL WE HAVE "

Now that is not how I thought years ago. I wanted to control every aspect of my life from career, to family, to children, to finances and even to life-partners. My twelve step lifestyle has allowed me to control less and to 'let go' Actually for today I do not want to control my life. You would think that if someone controlled their own life it would be less hectic. However the more you control your life, the MORE hectic it will become. As it states, " It is simple" It is life on life's terms. Do you try to control every aspect of your life? Did you ever try NOT controlling it?


It Amazes Me how much we eat during the Holidays. Yes, I said we because I did also eat too much during the Holidays. After all it is Christmas and I deserve... You have heard this before. New diet pills will keep coming off the assembly line one after another. Dropping out of programs like Weight Watchers or NutriSystem is so common. For a better path we might look at those success stories who have succeeded in keeping fit, NO MATTER which nutritional track they found to suit them. I will tell you that those success stories are those individuals who have treated their path as a new dietary lifestyle. Why take an appetite suppressants when there are natural appetite suppressants These natural appetite suppressants, as ginger encourage a healthy communication between cells, thus between organs and thus between systems of the body. I love Ginger ( Zingaber officinalis). It soothes the gastrointestinal tract and helps with nausea. It does slow the gastric emptying so it allows you to feel fuller for a longer period of time, thus suppressing your appetite. Ginger tea reduces blood fats even after eating a meal rich in fat. This is a herb. Sip some ginger tea hot or cold during a meal and see how you feel.

Another herb, Hoodia gordonii has been tauted as the premier appetite suppressant. I have used it with some success. I find it doesn't suppress every one's appetite. It is a genus of 13 species in the flowering plant family Apocynaceae, under the subfamily Asclepiadoideae. It has large flowers and a distinctive smell/
Many Hoodia species are protected plants. Some stopped harvesting Hoodia for two reasons: one as a protected plant ( even if not this species) and the other because our clinical studies revealed that products using hoodia would not meet our strict standards of safety and efficacy.
Only two years ago, the Botanic Gardens Conservation International stated that "400 medicinal plants are at risk of extinction, from over-collection and deforestation, threatening the discovery of future cures for disease." These included Yew trees, Magnolia trees and the Hoodia species. I heard one herbalist state that there is not enough Hoodia in Africa for the amount of Hoodia on the United States shelves. Therefore one can conclude are you truly getting Hoodia in your product?

TIPS/SUGGESTIONS
You could use steel cut oatmeal ( gluten free) which has some protein and fiber to keep you fuller. Using this oatmeal, Bulgar or quinoa which are cooked cereals does lower BMI over time.

Avoid diet soda as they can make you crave

Water is your best friend (of course your pet is your best friend)

Sweet potatoes can lower blood sugar

No one should be on a DIET, instead a Dietary Lifestyle.


IT AMAZES ME by Cy Coleman was sung by many individuals. My favorite is Blossom Dearie. Who is Blosson Dearie ? She is the coolest white jazz singher you ever will hear --
Blossom Dearie (April 28, 1924 – February 7, 2009) was an American jazz singer and pianist, often performing in the bebop genre and remembered for her girlish voice
She divided her time between NYC and London. Rick and I heard her album while shopping in New Hope some years ago. Dearie died , age 84, at her apartment in Greenwich Village, New York City. You have to love her own record label, Daffodil Records. You go Girl !

IT AMAZES ME

My height, just average
My weight, just average
And my IQ is like you'd estimate, just average
But evidently he does not agree
Consequently if I seem at sea

It amazes me
It simply amazes me
What he sees in me dazzles me
Dazes me
That I've learned to clip my wings
And soften my ways

These are ordinary things unworthy of praise
Yet he praises me
Just knowing I try for him
When so many would,
If they could, die for him

I'm the one who's worldly wise
And nothing much fazes me
But to see me in his eyes
It just amazes me

I'm the one who's worldly wise
And nothing much fazes me
But to see me in his eyes
It just amazes me

No comments:

Post a Comment