Sunday, April 10, 2011

APRIL 19, 2011 CANCER ..IT CANNOT CONQUER THE SPIRIT






WHAT CANCER CANNOT DO...


It cannot cripple love

It cannot shatter hope

It cannot corrode faith

It cannot destroy peace

It cannot supress memories

It cannot silence courage

It cannot steal eternal life

It cannot conquer the SPIRIT

Cancer sucks...We all know that, but I have seen individuals with cancer living amazing lives. Those who completely turn their lives around. These individuals still have cancer, but seek out inner peace, strength, and love. It all depends on the attitude. Some patients find it difficult to continue struggling especially when their cancer is already metastatic (spreading). I can understand this and sympathize. When I read the above message I was moved to tears. Unfortunately I have witnessed first hand what this disease can do, and in some cases I was there when the individual(s) took their last breath. I was whispering words of love in their ear while holding their hands. I am grateful--deeply grateful to be a small part in their lives.



Breast cancer is the common form of cancer among women in Europe, North and South America, and Australia. I see more women with breast cancer now than I did five or six years ago. It is estimated that between 1 in 4 to 1 in 6 women will develop breast cancer in their lifetime.

There are still conflicting opinions about the role of soy in cancer. We do know that phyotestrogrens may confer protective effects against estrogen induced tumorigenesis. These phytoestrogens can be found in soy as a food, but there is still a matter of who is lecturing or writing on the subject.

I do not think there is an easy answer to this apparent conundrum. Be informed, be well read and be assertive.

Many herbs are used for the prevention and treatment of breast cancer. I do recommend two books to read. One is Intergrative Oncology, by Matthew Mumber . The other book is by Donald Yance titled Herbal Medicine, Healing Cancer . Ralph Moss wrote another book which I recommend. Check out http://www.cancerdecisions.com/


Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment