Tuesday, April 19, 2011

APRIL 23, 2011 HOLY SPIDERS

"In the past I had a pattern of reaching out and looking to others for validation, comfort and support. One of the greatest lessons I have learned is to look inward. This frees me. This allows me to enjoy myself."


Freedom from anything that holds you down is rewarding. It lifts you up. Freedom from any addiction can be earth shattering not only for you but the loved ones around you. I have found that when you have low self esteem you will turn to anything for comfort, love and support. That something could be an addiction. Addiction to drugs, alcohol, and sex are the most common. Comfort from a drug? It sounds ridiculous or crazy, but it happens every day to more than one individual. I know today that individual is not me. I was one of the lucky ones. I had a white light experience or an awakening or anything you wish to call it! I can look back, not dwell on the past and move forward. I look within for the answers and often above. I am free. Are you free from the bindings that hold you down?

















Do you appreciate spiders? Do you have arachnophobia? Spiders are air breathing arthropods that have eight legs and fangs that inject venom. Spiders are the largest order among arachnids and are found worldwide on every single continent except Antarctica.


When you see a spider, is your first reaction to squash it? I invite you to think twice about that next time. Spiders are living creatures. Yes they do bite and inject venom. There are more than 40,000 different spider species.

Spiders are an important part of life. Some spiders even pollinate flowers, like honeybees. I wouldn't want to have all of them in a hive, but I want you to seriously look at the spiders . While the venom of a few spider species can be dangerous to humans, there are new studies considering the use of spider venom in medicine and as a nonpolluting insecticide. Medical research is focused on using the venom for cardiac arrhythmias, strokes, Alzheimer's disease and even the big E.D. (erectile dysfunction)


Books have been written about spiders. Many people study spiders. Scorpions are also members of this class of animals known as arachnids.

I have always found insects fascinating since childhood. I used to collect spiders in jars and observe them. I even have been bitten by spiders. In my mid 30's I had two tarantulas in an aquarium separated by a glass section. Tarantulas are one of the largest spiders with body lengths of about 3.5 inches and legs as long as 10 inches. Wow! If you think what most individuals are frightened of, it is bats, snakes, rats and spiders.

Notice the four pairs of eyes on the spider which vary from species to species. Spiders produce silk. Silk is composed of a protein similar to that of insect silk. I love photographing spider webs after a rain. The silk of a spider is initially liquid that hardens not as a result of contact with air but as a result of being drawn out. How interesting!

Gross or not, cooked tarantulas are a delicacy in Cambodia. Ugggh !


Photograph Credit: 7song, RH (AHG) Ithaca NY


Until tomorrow...,

No comments:

Post a Comment