Thursday, April 28, 2011

MAY 1, 2011 A RH HERBAL SACHET FOR AN ITCHY BODY








"WE HAVE MORE POSSIBILITIES AVAILABLE IN EACH MOMENT THAN WE REALIZE."


In each given day there are endless possibilities and opportunities. Do you realize the possibilities? Do you even envision the possibilities? Most of us do not see the stream of possibilities in a given day. At every second of every minute of each hour of every day of every week of every month of every year, there are opportunities for each of us to grow emotionally, spiritually and physically. Do you want to grow in any of these areas? I do! I seize the moment, and to the best of my ability, try to grow. I cannot imagine what my life would be if I did not grow emotionally and spiritually. I feel alive, and most of all I feel connected.



Warning: This is not a pleasant topic. This topic might make you itch or wiggle in your seat: Bed Bugs. In New York City we are having a definite problem. It may or may not affect you, but it can. It may have affected someone you already know. After decades of dormancy, bed bugs have become rampant. Some of my patients have not even reacted to a bite with redness and itching, so they do not know they have bed bugs. Some are bitten over their entire body. I do not like the name bed bug, because they are not confined to beds. Bed bugs move around.


One patient showed me a homemade bed bug detector device made with dry ice, a jug, a plastic container and a tape gangplank for the bed bugs to crawl up. You can check out the People's Pharmacy from September 23, 2010.


I have some bed bug tricks and advice. Bed bugs hate heat. Wash in hot water. Steam clean your mattress. There are pesticides that can be used, but you MUST leave your home. I am also proposing an herbal essential oil bug spray



The contents are:


1. 1 cup of water

2. 10 drops lavender essential oil

3. 10 drops rosemary essential oil

4. 10 drops eucalyptus essential oil

5. 3-5 drops essential oil of clove


Place in a mist spray bottle, shake well and use. One patient told me about cedar oil but I haven't found any information on cedar.


To avoid bringing home bed bugs after a trip place some herbal sachets in your suitcase. You can keep some in your closet and your drawers.



#1 Sachet


1. 1 cup of dried eucalyptus leaves

2. 1/2 cup of dried rosemary

3. 1/2 cup of dried lavender buds

4. 10 large cloves

I love to add some chamomile to this sachet instead of the cloves.



#2 Sachet


1. 1 cup of loose leaf black walnut tea

2. 1/2 cup of dried eucalyptus leaves

3. 1/2 cup of dried lavender buds

4. 1/4 cup dried thyme

5. 2 Bay Leaves


Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment