Thursday, April 21, 2011

APRIL 26, 2011 A PEPITA SMOOTHIE
















"It's a helluva start, being able to recognize what makes you happy." - Lucille Ball


What makes you happy? If you have to think about that more than a minute, then you really do not know what makes you happy. Once you know what makes you happy you are on your way. In a play I once heard, "Happiness is like the first rain fall on a spring day." Not my idea of total happiness but I can see how that could be an answer. Rain is refreshing, spring is a new beginning, and happiness is a feeling we all yearn for. I am happy today because I know what makes me tick. I know what I like to do and what I do not like to do. I know a quiet day sitting among the trees and plants with a soft breeze knitting a scarf would make me happy. Find your own happiness that is unique to YOU.



You are not just limited to blackwalnut, wormwood and cloves in killing the parasites. At the Southwest Conference of Botanical Medicine in April, I learned about other remedies for parasites from Cascade Anderson Geller, an herbal practitioner. Her learning experience is vast.


Enzymes in fruits like pineapple and papaya, as well as other fruits and vegetables--especially beets are very important. Here is the recipe for Cascade's smoothie for Intestinal worms:

1. 1/4 fresh pineapple (wash carefully and peel)

2. 1/4 cup of whole pepita (pumpkin) seeds

3. I cup of the best plain yogurt (I prefer goat over cow yogurt)


Add some water. depending on your affinity for smooth or thick smoothie you might add more water or ice. Blend all ingredients in a food processor and drink 2 8oz glasses per day. She describes this as a de-wormer from days gone by.


Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment