Monday, October 10, 2011

OCTOBER 12, 2011 IMMUNE HEALTH
























"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing; it was here first" - Mark Twain




I know the world owes me nothing. I owe the world. In my own little way I do projects to save the environment. I know some who act as if the world or G.O.D. owes them something for all the suffering they have been through. I know that is not the case. I have met many people who have a martyr complex, always blaming others. I know one in my family. Poor me--constantly depending on others. Let's get real . If you have self respect this would not be the topic today. There is a definite difference between asking for help and expecting it. Over the years I have developed an independence of body, mind and spirit. I use my own personal experience in educating patients. This is always a good reminder to keep it real for myself.


Many ask what area of my body should I focus on? Should it be the heart, the digestive system or the brain? I think all are equally important but my usual answer after digestion is your immune health. Many of the diseases that cause death or chronic debilitating conditions are a result of poor diet and how the immune system is functioning. Some of these unhealthy choices are so simple and common sense. These are lack of exercise, poor diet control of carbohydrates, alcohol consumption, and tobacco use. All contribute to an unhealthy immune system.


I have favorite herbs/supplements and vitamins for your immune health. The list could be very long if I named all of them.



My top 5 :

1. All GREENS

2. Green tea

3. Antioxidants- Resveratrol

4. Omega 3 fatty acids

5. Medicinal mushrooms



Top 5 herbs to add to your food:


1. Garlic

2. Ginger

3. Cilantro

4. Cayenne

5. Sage




Photographs Left to right: Cayenne, Cilantro and Sage


Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment