Monday, October 3, 2011

OCTOBER 3, 2011 COCONUT OIL




















"When we lose the right to be different, we lose the privilege to be free. " Charles Evans Hughes



I am different. You are different. When you give up your right to be different, what are you really saying about yourself?

I am what I am. I have begun to realize that I do want the same rights as others--as a gay man. I am a human being with feelings. When I listen to Charles Aznavour's song, "What Makes a Man a Man" I listen carefully, shed a tear and think life was unfair when I was younger. Not unfair in a sense of upbringing. It was unfair because I was treated horribly by fellow classmates in my younger days. Today thankfully, young gay teenagers are not treated as badly, but there are still tragedies. I never want to lose my voice in the world. This is my destiny... My G.O.D. choosen profession helps me educate and heal others. I am grateful man. I am more grateful that I have found a man to share my life with. Life is good! Appreciate and cherish the life YOU have. There are many unfortunates... and YOU are not one of them.

To understand how unique Coconut oil is, you must first understand the terms saturated and unsaturated as they are used to describe fats. Then there is another classification based on length of the fatty acid chain: short, medium and long. The majority of fats in our human diet are either saturated or unsaturated and usually long chain fatty acids. Some of these long chain fatty acids (LCFA) are olive oil, soybean oil. Coconut oil is primarily medium chain fatty acids (MCFA). It is the MCFA that make this oil unique. Because MCFA are smaller than LCFA it makes them more easily absorbed and less taxing the body to digest. A great source of nutrition. MCFA are broken down in the stomach unlike the LCFA. LCFA's enhance the absorption of nutrients like calcium, magnesium and even the B vitamins.




Coconut oil can help:


1. energy and rate of metabolism


2. weight management


3. thyroid function


4. Arthritis


5. Insomnia


6. Anti microbial - main organisms killed by MCFA include giardia, HIV, listeria, and even H pylori, in addition to many more


Use coconut oil in your diet in along with other healthy oils like olive.
For information about coconut oil, read Bruce Fife, ND's book on Coconut Oil called Coconut Cures: Preventing and Treating Common Health Problems with Coconut


Until tomorrow....


No comments:

Post a Comment