Wednesday, October 19, 2011

OCTOBER 20. 2011 YEAST AND MORE YEAST









































"From caring comes courage." Lao Tzu



Yes I do get lots of courage form caring for people. I have to meditate and pray on caring and courage. Lately I feel defeated at times. For one when the patient doesn't hear what I am saying or trying to do, I get frustrated. I aim at educating and teaching lifestyle changes. I do not practice 'try this diet or that diet'. Also I must be careful because caring too much gets me in trouble. I get so involved-- which is why I was chosen for this G.O.D. given profession, that I forget to take care of myself. That has been happening too much lately.



I was told once by the Academy Award winning actress from Roman Holiday that, "GOD gave us two hands--one to help others, and the other to help yourself." I must always remember that! So should you!


Candida albicans is a specific yeast that exists in the human body. There are also many other species of Candida. It is found throughout the intestines from the mouth to the anus. Normally it causes no problems, unless there is a change or suppression of the immune system of the body. In these situations whether from other chronic infections, food allergies and sensitivities, immune status, or toxic metal burden on the body, the yeast can flourish and the result is a deep seated infection. These infections can be seen throughout the body. For example, fungus on the nails, on the tongue, and lodging in the mucous membranes.


Systemic Candida infection is a life threatening illness in cancer and other immunosuppressed patients. Indicators of candida overgrowth can be symptoms that you experience sometimes or even daily. These are fatigue, asthma, depression, muscles aches, muscle weakness, itching, diarrhea, gastritis, vaginal throbbing or burning, urinary tract problems, allergies and even irritability. The list goes on to memory problems, scalp issues, inability to concentrate, depression and the SUGAR CRAVINGS.



Do you have any of these symptoms? Of course you do. We all get them from time to time. Do not think you have yeast, BUT you could. A big problem is the repeated use or misuse of antibiotics. The birth control pill can provide a favorable environment for the growth of yeast. We do know today for a fact that overuse of antibiotics will predispose you to a yeast infection or overgrowth problem.


So what to do? First see a physician with some background in Candida or an integrative approach. A very restrictive candida (yeast free) diet is almost always prescribed. It is not an easy new lifestyle. Yes, sugar must be eliminated. Then there are the gluten breads- Barley, Rye, Oats and Wheat. Then the dairy is eliminated. By this time you believe you cannot do this new lifestyle program. You can--but it is difficult. Sometimes you will slip and cheat. I try to follow a yeast free diet but I am human and cheat at times. I suffer when I cheat.


Currently I am trying to the best to my ability. The body is dealing with the dead microbes. I am using a product by Longevity Nutritionals called Microbe Gone (http://www.longevitynutritionals.com/).
It is a tincture of herbs used to kill microbes. One of the ingredients is Paul d'Arco. There are many herbs in this product. I am experiencing one detox reaction of itching. This is called a Herxheimer Reaction. At night, I begin to itch especially on my upper torso. It drives me nuts. Some nights it affects my sleep. I know it is a detox reaction and will eventually subside. The liver, kidneys and of course my skin are working overtime to get rid of these dead organisms. Some of these die off (Herx) reactions can be severe fatigue, headache or flu like symptoms. It differs from individual to individual.


I know to drink plenty of water. It helps with the reaction. Drinking juice, soda or coffee will not help as it will fed the yeast that is still alive. Drink water and plenty of it.


Water, water and more water. Then there is a great anti oxidant--olive leaf extract.




As a kind act to me --please contant www.ithacahealth.org and donate for the Herbal Department so 7song and others can treat patients with another discipline - HERBS. Put herbal department at bottom of your check. Thank you.


This is FREE clinic - Ithaca Free Clinic. All medicines and services are free. They need your donation.


Thank you one and all. Read about it and contribute.


Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment