Friday, October 7, 2011

OCTOBER 8, 2011 A PLANT DAY

























"Every person fulfills their purpose when the time is right."



I have to believe we all have a purpose. I didn't know what mine was for a long long time. Today I know it is to heal individuals by using every modality of medicine I have been taught. Some of these disciplines were self taught. Remember 'Anything Worth learning is Self Taught'. What is your purpose? I think this is a superb question! Remember the line in the Tony Award Winning Play, Avenue Q: I have to find my purpose, the purpose in me.



We all have a purpose, some are small, some large--and some are on a grand scale. I love to educate. I want individuals to understand themselves, challenge themselves and ask lots of questions.







About one month ago I was asked to give a lecture to the cardiovascular fellows at Beth Israel Hospital in New York City. Cardiovascular fellows are not exposed to herbs, supplements and vitamins used by their patients to support/prevent/treat cardiovascular diseases. Yesterday I confidently, eloquently and slowly presented 10 herbs to physicians in training. I do not expect them to start using Convallaria or Hawthorn today, but I felt I delivered my message. Beyond my wildest dreams, day by day, even second by second I constantly amaze myself. This is what life is all about for me.







The message is that Mother Earth has these amazing botanical medicines right before our feet. These herbs have a purpose. Both the plants and the lecturer have a purpose.







I could never have done this fifteen years ago. What has changed? A lot has changed. I have to admit that prayer and meditation has given back to me what I lacked for many years. I am grateful.





The ten botanical HERBS I discussed were:






1. Leonurus cardiaca (Motherwort)



2. Cactus grandiflores (Motherwort)



3. Cytisus scoparius (Scotch Broom)



4. Crategeus laevigata (Hawthorn)



5. Convallaria majalis (Lily of the Valley)



6. Ginkgo biloba (Ginkgo)



7. Camellia sinensis (Green Tea)



8. Allium sativum (Garlic)



9. Hibiscus sabdariffa (Hibiscus)



10. Ganoderma lucidem (Reishi)







Until tomorrow...






No comments:

Post a Comment