Friday, October 21, 2011

OCTOBER 23,2011 MORE ESSENTIAL OILS




















"Live with hope for the possibilities and accept the good that comes."

Can you accept the good that comes your way? In the past I never could. If things started to get good I would sabatoge them. It was a very different time in my life. Today I live a life that I always wanted to live. I feel so serene today. I have had the pleasure and company of colleagues and friends from my herbal/botanical world. I never thought this would be a possibility in my lifetime. I love how I treat patients. I love the incorporation of different disciplines of medicine. Now using essential oil with herbal medicines is yet another possibility. I have learned through prayer, meditation, communication and meetings to live with hope, have no expectations and the good will come. It has --



Each form of administration of an essential oil achieves a slightly different effect on the area it is treating. With the essential oil treatment you try to get the closest to the area that is infected. Most oils do not damage the microflora. I was fascinated to learn the routes of internal administration of the essential oils. I was ignorant about the workings of Essential Oils. For me, this is part of the learning curve and so I have something new to learn and incorporate into my herbal practice.



Some of the administrations are:

1. gel capsules


2. sublingual preparation


3. rectal suppository (systemic absorption is excellent)


4. vaginal sponge


5. vaginal pessary


6. organic tampons


7. skin preparations


8. inhalation - nebulizer or diffuser


To use oils clinically we always need a good source. I know there are many essential oil companies on the market. I wouldn't know the best source, but here is a clue. During this essential oil lecture, the participants were allowed to smell a variety of oils. The oil vials were passed around the room. I noticed the company on each vial. It was Snow Lotus. Their web site on the bottle was http://www.snowlotus.org/



I know many herbs that are anti microbial but I do not know any essential oil except tea tea oil,
(Melaleuca alternifolia). I have used tea tree oil for many fungal infections. This well researched oil is also used for bacterial infections of upper and lower respiratory tract, intestinal dysbiosis and even periodontitis. Great for HSV-1 , genital warts and other viral infections.




I did get to smell an essential oil called Palmarosa (Cymbopogon martini). It is a relative of Lemongrass- different species C. citratus. Palmerosa is equally antifungal and antibacterial with a broad range of infections. It is also anti-inflammatory.


Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment