Monday, October 24, 2011

OCTOBER 25, 2011 THE CURVED PENIS




















"Get peaceful first and let your work and life emerge from that base."



I will admit it is difficult to get peaceful and serene at times. We all have these moments. Some of us suffer more than others. Life cannot go forward unless we get peaceful first. I accomplish this through meditation and prayer. I focus on my breathing in order to regain some serenity. I also have many hobbies that have helped me through the last seventeen years of sobriety.




If you are man with a curved penis, it is difficult to get peaceful, especially during sexual activity. This abnormal curvature of the penis is called Peyronie's disease. The cause is fibrous scar tissue that develops under the skin of the penis. It is not unlike the thick cord that develops across one or both palms of the hands. That condition is called Duputren's contracture. Very few people who have Dupuytren's contracture also develop curvature of the penis.


Research states that Peyronie's disease (PD) is uncommon and affects men between the ages of 40-60. In my practice I find this disease fairly common and I have seen it in younger men as well.

The scar tissue (plaque) makes it painful especially during erections, and thus during intercourse. There is no one specific treatment for Peyroine's although I have used several in my years of clinical practice.




Some of the treatments I have used are:


1. Enzyme formulas especially containing rutin and papain


2. Acetyl L - carnitine - restore male sexual energy function


3. L- arginine - another amino acid that releases nitric oxide, thus vaso dilating the penile vessels. This will still be painful, so I always use #4 with this.


4. EDTA- a chelator, to remove plaque. A chelator is derived from the Greek word chelate which means crab or "to grab onto." I recommend using a rectal suppository weekly to bi weekly for 15 weeks.


5. DMSO -Dimethyl Sulfoxide - this is a transdermal product with anti inflammatory properties that affect the tissue underneath.


6. Gotu kola ( Centella asiatica) - this is an herbal remedy. I have used this red flowered herb that grows in hot swampy areas of Southeast Asia and India more often for children with autism, but I have used it occasionally for PD.

It is often called the brain herb. After years of studying herbs, I am not a one herb/one disease practitioner. There are very few herbs I use only in the treatment of a single disease.


At the American herbal Guild symposium I had the pleasure of listening to colleague Eric Yarnell, ND (www.heronbotanicals.com ) from Bastyr University in Washington State. Eric is a a great educator. He is the author many books, and his 2nd edition of Clinical Botanical Medicine is one of my favorites. Eric has used Gotu kola in a cream applied topically to the area of scar tissue with some good results. I believe this works by stimulating the development of blood vessels in connective tissue on the penis. If you improve the condition of the site of injury, blood flow will be enhanced and there will be a reduction in scar or fibrous tissue. According to Eric, results can be seen after 6 - 8 weeks of treatment.



Your choice: A CROOKED PAINFUL PENIS or A SMOOTHER, LESS PAINFUL PENIS





You make the choice




Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Actually, you might also want to take a look at some medical devices that might be of help. European Union for example has approved some things as Class 1 medical devices - lots of surgeons worldwide have their patients to use these thingies: http://penisenlargersinthewild.com/

    Check out for example that!

    ReplyDelete