Monday, October 11, 2010

October 11, 2010 THE WORLD ACCORDING TO CHRIS






"The last of human freedoms is to choose one's attitudes." - Victor Frankl

So Choose the best attitudes to ENJOY the journey.

Life is a journey preparing us for what follows. Whether you think that will be heaven, reincarnation or a 'new life ' it doesn't matter. I am not hear to discuss belief. All that I write are suggestions. I am on a journey. My recovery journey began in 1994 and to this day still amazes me. I am still on my journey. It is a process. I am free of the demons of yesteryear. Freedoms come and go in this world. The freedoms we had when our forefathers founded this country seem better than today according to some people. Being the day belongs to Christopher Columbus, here is a quote by him:

"By prevailing over all obstacles and distractions, one may unfailingly arrive at his chosen goal or destination."

Do you view your life as one big obstacle? I hope not. Life is full of ups and downs, twists and turns as each of us sometimes learn --wow it rhymes. I always want to be in the best mood as I tackle my journey every day. It is a life time journey. A journey that has allowed me to grow. I am fortunate to be in a twelve step program. Yes fortunate to be in recovery. It has taught me so much about myself. Some of these things I didn't want to know, but when confronted--you must deal with situations. As Columbus stated, "prevailing over distractions, one may arrive at his chosen goal or destination." What have you prevailed over recently? Do you feel you have reached your destination?


So, in your efforts to reach your destination you are sometimes moving quickly. Sometimes too quickly. Sometimes without looking. You run for the subway --YOU FALL. The art of wound healing dates back centuries. If you let the wound heal naturally you might get better results. Application of ointments or compresses actually stops or halts the healing process. No matter what anyone will say, Arnica is still the leader in my book.

Arnica (Arnica montana) from the Family Compositae also known as the Mountain Daisy holds its brilliant single yellow flower on a long stalk.

Who would ever think that this beautiful flower yields an important medical compound. It has long been valued as the herb that heals the bruises. There are many species within the family that have similar properties. It is a bitter herb that has been used in both heart and immune system diseases. Naturopathic physicians have used Arnica to treat epilepsy, traumas and throat infections.

Let's use some arnica. Go to the pharmacy or a health food store. Buy Arnica tincture in a small bottle. Add 1 tablespoon to a 1/2 liter of water. Soak gauze in liquid and apply as compress to wound. The arnica will stimulate the local circulation. Use these arnica compresses for a few days. Days later I would change to another ointment (to be discussed another day) I may over utilize arnica, but it works.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment