Thursday, October 21, 2010

OCTOBER 21, 2010 INNER PEACE







" Until you make peace with who you are, you'll never be content with what you have."

"When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others."

"Acceptance of others, their looks, their behaviors, their beliefs, bring you an inner peace and tranquillity -- instead of anger and resentment."

"To attain inner peace you must actually give your life, not just your possessions. When you at last give your life - bringing into alignment your beliefs and the way you live then, and only then, can you begin to find inner peace.

"He who lives in harmony with himself lives in harmony with the universe."
- Marcus Aurelius

"Possession of material riches, without inner peace, is like dying of thirst while bathing in a lake."

The first quote sums up the next five quotes. I love quotes about inner peace. Most of us do not live with inner peace nor harmony. Have you made peace with who you are? I do know from life experience that if you do not make peace with yourself and accept yourself, you will never be content with what you have. There are just some things you cannot change. Family and relationships are the most difficult. Try to accept others as this acceptance in all their character defects will bring you tranquility. Even if you do not agree with their faults, accept them as this will allow you to move forward and have peace. If you cannot accept others, maybe you do not want to move on with your own life. Perhaps you prefer to remain crippled, perhaps you love the drama, maybe you love the self-pity, or better yet stated --"You love the pity pot--poor me " You can have all the riches in the world, but what good is being wealthy if you do not have inner peace. Last night, I was in awe and serene as I watched SwanLake. The talent was unreproachable. I do not why I held back tears, but I did. Eyes moist, I struggled to stop the tear from coming down my face. As I rode the subway I thought of those images of beauty in dance, and the tears flowed. I have in my life reached inner peace. It is not always peaceful on the outside, but my inside mind is serene. A new concept for me. I wish you inner peace in your new lifestyle change.


Does stress influence your health? You should have anserwed Yes. From reading the blogs, yiou have learned how to deal with stress on various levels. What things put you at risk for a lowered immunity ? Can you think of any from reading the blogs ?
The following environmental factors, physical conditions and lifestyle choices can predispose you to a compromised immune system. Count the numebr that apply to you.

1. Excessive intestinal growth of yeast
2. Excessive alcohol use
3. Excessive sugar intake
4. Exposure to air pollution and toxins
5. Exposure to heavy metals
6. Food intolerance/allergies
7. Lack of exercise
8. Lack of sleep
9. Low thyroid function
10. Poor hygiene
11. Low self esteem
12. Unresolved stress
13. Smoking
14. Nutritional deficiencies
15. Intestinal parasites

I could write ten more, but these are the main offenders. More than 5 ( about 1/3 ) you will have to consider some changes. I suggest some changes.
Last night I had a decision to make. Which herbal tea would help me sleep. I wanted to read and sip a cup of tea. I decided on Wild Oat ( Avena sativa) Wild oat is a tall grass that grows wild. You might have seen it on the roadside while driving upstate. Historically it has been used a nervous system restorative. I do not know what exactly that means except it will restore you to normal stress . It helps with psychological exhaustion. It does have a mild sedative action, so I used it to assist me in sleeping.


Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment