Saturday, October 23, 2010

OCTOBER 23, 2010 C-H-A-N-G-E

WHAT DO THE TOP TWO PHOTOGRAPHS HAVE IN COMMON ?








C H A N G E = Choosing Honesty Allows New Growth Every Day

Who with that definition wouldn’t want change. I want new growth every day. I get it with my hair –so why not with my life. Honestly sometimes hurts. Sometimes I am brutally too honest. It must be a trait from my Dad. If my Dad saw you and you gained a little weight , he would tell you. It is hard to believe five years have gone by so quickly without picking up the phone and speaking to him, or him dropping by the office to bring us lunch. You never forget loved ones; I wil always have memories. It is never a good time to vent feelings, but it sometimes due to circumstances -- it just happens. I rather let it out then hold onto anger and resentments. Anger/resentments have gotten me no where in the past. Has anger and resentments ever helped you in a situation ? Being honest with one self and telling others how you feel is cathartic for one's soul. It shows growth. I want to grow each day. My hobbies have allowed me to grow. My botanical life has allowed me to grow. Rick has allowed me to grow--actually he made me grow. Fatherhood has allowed me to grow. So change does not have to be fear. It should be Chosing Honestly Allows New Grwoth Every Day. Consider this new definition of CHANGE.



Debilitating at any age –Arthitis. ‘it is’ means inflammation. This is inflammation of the joints. With new advances in medicine there are many new drugs in the last ten years to treat different types of arthritis. The one problem – the side effects of the medicines can be more devastating than the arthritis itself. Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is a disease in which the response is gradual and varies from individual to individual. This is important especially when using herbs for treatment. In my clinical observation, I have seen some individuals respond while others do not.
Most patients with RA are treated with prednisone or some form of steroids. Steroids DO work, but at what expense to our bodies. Steroids when stopped can cause patients to go back into pain and out of remission. Steroid use increases blood pressure, sugar levels, increased suspectibility to infection and cause osteoporosis. If steroids fail to help the patient, other drugs—more toxic can help. Some of these are gold and chemotherapeutic agents, as methotrexate and chloroquine.
Herbs that already have been discussed for their use in arthritis are dandelion, neetles, and burdock.
J.W. Oliver of England wrote : A most valuable food remedy is Blackstrap Molasses, one teaspoonful in three-fourths of a cup of hot water to be drunk before each meal, and in bad cases on rising and retiring each day. He goes on to say , “ perseverance along the lines indicated, however severe the case, will invariably score a victory in the end.”
There are three grades of molasses: mild or barbados, also known as first molasses; dark, or second molasses; and blackstrap. These grades may be sulphured or unsulphured.
To make molasses, the sugar cane plant is harvested and stripped of its leaves. Its juice is extracted from the canes, usually by crushing or mashing; it can also be removed by cutting. The juice is boiled to concentrate it, which promotes the crystallization of the sugar The result of this first boiling and of the sugar crystals is first molasses, which has the highest sugar content because comparatively little sugar has been extracted from the source. Second molasses is created from a second boiling and sugar extraction, and has a slight bitter tinge to its taste. The third boiling of the sugar syrup makes blackstrap molasses. There are many culinary uses of molasses. It has been used to treat iron deficiency anemia as well as arthritis. Other herbs and plants to treat arthritis from the 1940-1960’s included chapparal, potato, cabbage and alfalfa. I remember my father used vinegar to wrap his joints as well as magnetic therapy. He had ordered a book from the TV Guide called “ The Vinegar Book.” He used vinegar to treat every ailment his body .
In a Master Cleanse program, BlackStrap Molasses is used with lemon, water, and cayenne pepper. Have you ever tried this program. It is difficult, but cleansing for the entire body.


The top two photographs: Credit Rick Byrd: What do they have in common ? Both the men and the turles are in a line. Both the men and the turtles are in harmony. And third, I love both the photographs.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment