Wednesday, November 10, 2010

NOVEMBER 10, 2010 BELIEVE





" It is better to believe than to disbelieve; in doing so, you bring everything to the realm of possibility." Albert Einstein


It is always better to believe. Why would you want to disbelieve. Have faith and believe that everything will be fine. By doing this anything and everything you do can come into the realm of possibility and can happen. This is putting faith in someone other than yourself. Possibly the God of your understanding. Your Higher Power. I believe there is a power greater than myself. Someone had to guide me through me darkest days, because I should not be here writing this blog. My faith at that time was misplaced, but I did believe that all would be alright. I didn't know how or what would happen. I have spirituality today beyond my wildest dreams. It is peaceful when I meditate. I am calmer than I ever have been. People who know me ask why I am calmer, " I answer prayer and meditation" There is nothing else to say.
Do you meditate ?

I find it odd how something in the very distant past can trigger emotion. I usually never watch television, but this morning I wanted to sip tea and watch some show with Meredith Viera ( whom I know from The View) She was interviewing Julie Andrews and the cast of the Sound of Music. It was 45 years ago. It seems like yesterday. The cast talked. For some reason I started to get emotional. One cast member remembered filming when her mother was on the set as she was only 5 or 6 years old. The movie will always hold special memories for me. My brother and I saw the movie in Radio City with an organization , Knights of Columbus with my parents. Years ago, Radio City Music Hall showed movies. Memories. Believe.



After the tasting of mushrooms and their immune modulating effects, lets discuss the immune stimulating effects of Echinacea. This herb is world renown by name and it being he king herb of the immune system. Echinacea was introduced into America in 1887. It is an extremely safe herb. I feel too many people use it. It works better as a preventative if not used continuously. I see too many patients use it all the time with goldenseal when they are feeling ill. There are various species. The rarer ones are being harvested too much. I do believe that echinacea can improve the immune response and even can raise levels of interferon. It has been shown that this herb can increase the manufacturing of lymphocytes( white blood cells) in the bone marrow.
For more information look at and even join the American Botanical Council.
You can echinacea in the wild. The species, Echinacea purpurea (Eastern purple cone flower or Purple coneflower) is a species of flowering plant in the genus Echinacea. Its cone-shaped flowering heads are usually, but not always purple.



While researching Reishi Mushrooms I found an interesting article from Japan ( 2008) that an herbal mixture containing the mushroom Ganoderma lucidum improves recovery time in patients with herpes genitalis and labialis


Sound of Music
is a 1965 American musical film directed by Robert Wise and starring Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer. The film is based on the Broadway musical The Sound of Music, with songs written by Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment