Sunday, November 21, 2010

NOVEMBER 21, 2010 BELIEVE--NOT MAKE BELIEVE






" IT IS BETTER TO BELIEVE THAN TO DISBELIEVE; IN SO DOING, YOU BRING EVERYTHING TO THE REALM OF POSSIBILITY." - Albert Einstein

You cannot argue with one of greatest geniuses of our time. I find Mr Einstein to have some of my favorite quotes. There are many quotes I like on 'believing' Two of my favorite quotes are the following:

"Dreams are like the paints of a great artist. Your dreams are your paints, the world is your canvas. Believing, is the brush that converts your dreams into a masterpiece of reality.”

“Life ends when you stop dreaming, hope ends when you stop believing, love ends when you stop caring, friendship ends when you stop sharing... so share this with whom ever you consider a friend.”

I always want to believe rather than disbelieve. Believing in something takes trust. Do you have trust ? Have you trusted too many individuals ? I have. I used to wear my feelings on 'my sleeve' as they say. I try not to do this any longer. It sometimes is difficult because I am caring, generous and loving individual. I believe that my Higher Power would never put anything in my life that he/she thought I couldn't handle. I do not like everything that has been in my path, but i am still here to talk about it. This alone must be a good thing.

Today I believe that my father( July 8, 1921- November 21, 2005) is gazing down and telling me everything will be ok. I imagine him smiling and not yelling. I know he always believed in me although he might not have shared that with me. I do not beat myself up anymore about the past. I am in a good space. My morning meditation was so serene.


What did you eat for breakfast? I wanted to have buckwheat pancakes but I didn't. I had goat yogurt, Kashi cereal with unsweetened soy and a cup of tea. The reason I didn't have the pancakes is that I didn't want to have the syrup. I have often thought about obtaining my own sap from a maple tree. It is one of those 'yets'

I have done most of my 'yets' Maple syrup from the winter and spring sap is what some people do. I would love to contact a maple sugar mill, but there is none in New York City. I will have to do that when I go back to Ithaca. Maybe the Catskills?

I am prepared to do it. Here is what I read about it.
1. Using a brace and a 3/8 inch bit, drill hole int he bark until you hit hardwood
2. Clean the hole thoroughly
3. Use a hammer to drive into the tap
4. For trees less than 10 inches wide use one tap
5. For trees greater than 10 inches, you can use more than one tap
6. Collect the sap with a covered pail

There are different techniques to boil the sap over an open fire. I do not think I would be doing this, but you never know. The wood must be dry not to give the taste of the syrup an undesirable flavor. Individuals who have done this use three pans over a long rectangle fire, pouring the sugar water from pan to pan. The last pan will have the thickest richest water.
It sounds so fun.
It has been written that you can also tap sap from a black walnut, white birch, yellow birch and black birch. I just want to try it once.

If you want the buckwheat or gluten free waffles ( Van's) you can puree blueberries or any berry . Pour the puree over the pancakes. I have done this - Tastes great !!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment