Friday, November 12, 2010

NOVEMBER 12, 2010 SIMPLY GREEN -- NO SIMPLY GRAINS



" You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest, that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the PRESENT. " - Jan Glidewell

I always have said look at the past with a glance Do not dwell on the past. Do not project into the future - as your expectation of the future might be busted. Live in the PRESENT. It is a Day at a Time. Sometimes for some of us it is an hour at a time, and for others a minute at a time. Then, if you a Broadway Diva , " It Only Takes a Moment"--and it is a moment at a time. It would be so sad to miss what is happening in the present because you are too tightly clutching the past. I know this happens when a loved one passes on. I know because I have no biological parents alive. I say biological because I have 'parents' whom I love. Yesterday I glanced at the past as it was Veterans' Day. I thought of my Dad and my Uncle Joe. I could close my eyes and remember running in the yard at 75 Morsemere Ave in Yonkers. My aunt Mary , Uncle Joe and Regina lived there. I actually could picture in my mind where all the bushes, trees and flowers were planted. Our mind can recall many things of the past. Just do not dwell on it. What do you dwell on in the past ? Is the past blocking your ability to see what is in front of you-- The Present.
Live for today. I have always heard Live each day to the fullest as if it were your last day on Earth.

Who wants to feel pretty? Certainly I want to feel handsome, debonair and sleek. I do love Malone and Cummings sprayed on my skin. I want Tracie Martyn creams and 'potions' on my face but I have learned through others some natural skin care recipes. A woman, renowned herbalist, Rosemary Gladstar makes what I love so much easier. What do I love ? Plants , flowers and herbs. Go and buy Rosemary Gladstar's Family Herbal. Pick a weekend and Go Herbal. I agree with her, be creative and enjoy the process. Invite someone to create with you. Rick and I are waiting for an off weekend. She has the most unique cleansing grain. You cannot just buy it. YOU have to make it. Some of the facial cleanser are too harsh for me. Believe me I spend ( or rather Rick does) a lot of facial products. We all do.
This is Miracle Grains ( from Rosemary)

1. 2 cups of white clay
2. 1 cup of finely ground oats
3. 1/4 cup of finely ground almonds
4. 1/8 cup of poppy seeds or finely ground blue corn
( I didn't like the above either-- I added ground chamomille flowers)
5. 1/8 cup finely ground roses

Make into a paste and mixing together . Gently apply this to your face and neck. Rinse off in warm water. Feel the smoothness. Look at your glow. If you want it smoother and you are the sleek kind of guy or gal --add honey. No it will not make your face sticky. We are NOT using clove honey in the glass teddy bear jar. I am using Wild Flower Honey or support your local honey from your local beekeeper.
Be inventive - try adding an essential oil of your choice . It must an essential oil not synthetic.
This is your make and create weekend. Get ready

When I am in a field, or examining a flower I Know It is Right---
ONCE IN A LIFETIME

Just once in a lifetime
A man knows a moment
One wonderful moment
When fate takes his hand

And this is my moment
My once in a lifetime
When i can explore
A new and exciting land

For once in my lifetime
I feel like a giant
I soar like an eagle
As tho' i had wings

For this is my moment
My destiny calls me
And tho' it may be
Just once in my lifetime
I'm going to do great things


The photograph above is a Needlepoint created for my Rick. It is the name of our store " Simply Green" which opened in 2008 in Cherry Grove Fire island. It was a success for us. It was an honor once again to be working side by side with Rick. Gregory did plenty of sales. Unfortunately the community is not ready to Be Green yet. There is no reason why YOU cannot be green. GO SIMPLY GREEN. Thank you, Rick

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment