Wednesday, March 16, 2011

MARCH 17, 2011 GROW HAIR GROW












"Pureness in your heart will provide you with fullness in your life."


To the best of my ability, I try to have pureness in my heart. Sometimes the pureness and goodness has interfered with my personal life. For example, I get too involved with the patient's diagnosis , psychology and personal matters. I do not think this is a bad quality, but it saddens me when I see individuals struggle with disease. Their disease not only affects them, but it does affect me. I love my patients. Of course like any occupation there are struggles. I deal with the struggles.


My life is full. I like to have little 'downtime.' Last night my downtime was knitting. K1,P1 a couple of rows and I am ready to sleep. Of course I had to read some of The Queen Must Die too. It is not about human royalty, but in a way it is. It is about the Queen Bee. Not the 1955, Joan Crawford film by the same name-Queen Bee. It is about Eva Phillips. She is a Southern socialite whose manipulation and ruthlessness ruins the lives of everyone around her. The question is, will anyone be able to stop her? Will anyone be able to stop the Queen Honeybee?

No one wants to go bald. Neither man nor woman. I certainly do not. I am happy to say in the last 12 months I do not have to worry about that. Why, you may ask? Because I have used herbs and massage oils for my hair. Every magazine has that one magic bullet to grow your hair. I have found that these products only slow the progression of hair loss. There is no diet for baldness. It is the diet that you use for your general health. If you do have a poor dietary lifestyle, it must be changed. I encourage plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, and please go easy on the saturated fats.

We do know that malnutrition and heavy dieting can cause hair loss. I think my hair loss was due to perms and coloring during my early twenties. I do know that your hair needs protein but when I see high protein more than 40%, I also see hair loss.

Until recently I have not seen herbs that could bring hair back. The one herb that has been incredible for me is Horsetail. I ingest the tincture every single day. I have been massaging it on my hair in an oil that I have made for myself. For centuries, both men and women have massaged olive oil in their hair. Massaging the scalp stimulates the circulation and encourages hair to grow. The French have it down--they have used nettles extracted in apple cider vinegar on their heads.



YOU DO KNOW THAT HAIR IS DEAD, BUT THE SCALP IS ALIVE?

Since the scalp is alive it can respond to herbal treatments.

I have used a massaging oil for my hair from http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/

If you want to make your own, try this:


1. 1 cup of aloe vera gel

2. 1/2 teaspoon of rosemary essential oil

3. 3-4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar

4. 1/2 teaspoon of Vitamin E

5. 1 tablespoon of nettles tincture

Combine in a blender and mix until smooth. Massage a small amount on the scalp every day. I also add a 1/2 teaspoon of horsetail tincture to the above mixture. It is the Pat Frat Hair Formula.



Until tomorrow...












No comments:

Post a Comment