Sunday, March 27, 2011

MARCH 31, 2011 STOP KILLING HONEY BEES WITH PESTICIDES




"The people who are close to us bring untold meaning and value to our lives."


There are those who are close to me who bring me serenity, peace, joy and happiness. Of course these individuals are my partner, Rick; his parents, Nancy and Fred; his brother, Michael and my children, Alyssa and Gregory. Next to them are some close friends and siblings. I am closer to some friends than family members because I see my friends and interact with them on a regular basis. I feel there is a reason why I have this G.O.D. chosen profession. I am on my path-- spiritually, emotionally and psychologically. This is where I am supposed to be at this moment. It might change at any time, and I would be willing and open to change.

My patients also bring untold meaning to my life. Some of them have been under my care for 15 years. It has been a rewarding experience.

Who are the individuals that bring an untold meaning and value to your life? Have you ever thought of family and friends in this way? I find it refreshing, serene and peaceful.

We as humans are so preoccupied with either work, family, ourselves, or all three. We are so worried about today or entrapped by yesterday that we rarely prepare for the future. If we do prepare for the future it is usually for our own expectations.

We must realize that our tomorrows depend directly on plants and bees--and an environment that can support them as well as us. In New York City more than 70 years ago there was the World Of Tomorrow at Corona Park (now Flushing Meadows Park ) at the New York Worlds Fair 1939. It was a magical time.

Since 2006, U.S. honey bee populations have been in precipitous decline, with some estimates suggesting losses as high as 30% per year. While that's terrible, the problem is far greater than just the loss of a species. Without bees, our food supply is in serious danger. Pollination by honey bees is key in cultivating the crops that produce a full one-third of our food. A recently leaked memo suggests the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has ignored the science linking the pesticide clothianidin to the bee die-off. Sign the petition to E.P.A. Administrator Lisa Jackson today demanding an immediate ban and full scientific review of this pesticide: http://act.credoaction.com/campaign/bees/?r_by=-2756575-PEmKLNx&rc=paste1



If we want to see the world of tomorrow, then save our bees.


Stop using pesticides killing our future.


Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment