Sunday, March 20, 2011

MARCH 24, 2011 THE RINSE FORMULA





In my 17 years of practice I have heard about most diets, cleanses and supplements. Since I practiced with the most famous diet guru, the late Robert Atkins, MD I have had the opportunity to meet other famous doctors. I also had the opportunity to study other diet protocols. Today there are more books on diet than ever before.


Recently a patient gave me a paper about the Dr Jacobus Rinse formula for Cardiovascular Disease. I was curious as I had never heard of Dr. Rinse. In the 1950's, when Dr. Rinse was about 50, he was told by doctors that he had heart disease and little time to live. Since he was a chemist he started researching and studying . He thought he could delay his death with vitamins, supplements and food.

So far I like this guy. In 1988, when the good Dr. Rinse was himself 88, he gave the formula below to his daughter. There have been variations of this 'pick me up' formula for Cardiovascular disease over the years. From readings I might call him the father of lecithin (or phosphatidylcholine)


1. 2 tablespoons of lecithin granules

2. 1 tablespoon raw wheat germ

3. 1 tablespoon of honey, blackstrap molasses or brown sugar (your choice)

4. 1 tablespoon of debittered brewer's yeast

5. 1 tablespoon of cold pressed sunflower oil (I have seen variations with corn and safflower oil)

6. 1/2 teaspoon of bone meal powder (or 500 mg calcium orotate and 500 mg magnesium orotate)


Mix and sprinkle over cereal. You can also mix with yogurt or even stir in a juice. I would probably start with smaller amounts of yeast and wheat germ.

It does make sense that the lecithin and the linoleic acid (from the oil) combine to form the key to dissolving plaque, or preventing it from forming.


In addition he states you should take a multivitamin, vitamin E, 50 mg of a zinc derivative, 50 mg of selenium, 1000 of vitamin C, and 50 mg vitamin B6.


So far it sounds good, but I am a bit hesitant.


Why haven't I heard of this man? Dr. Atkins never mentioned Dr. Rinse. If this formula is so good, why has no other doctor used it before? There are few if any studies on this formula. We need more.


Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment