Friday, August 19, 2011

AUGUST 20, 2011 YOUR CARDIOVASCULAR HEALTH AND NATTO










"When you think about others ,think love; when you think about yourself, think love."




Instead of 'Think Pink' from Funny Face (starring Audrey Hepburn, Fred Astaire and Kay Thompson) --'Think Love' from this blog, www.stitchyourwaytoahealthyheart.blogspot.com




Have you ever been in a funk? You just feel blah blah blah! This is when I usually meditate and pray more than usual. Or I go to a twelve step meeting . I have a lot to be grateful for all the time. When I am confronted with a patient who just recently died, I remember that individual in my daily prayers. I also pray for those whose perception is narrowed by 'horse blinders' as if they are racing for their life. I pray for those who have lied in the past. What I am saying is that I pray for all, even if he/she/group has harmed me or someone else in any way.


I remember all with love even if I may not see him/her any longer. Recently I watched Stella Dallas with Barbara Stanwyck on the Turner Classics Movie channel. She cried as she watched the wedding from outside the gate . I tear up as that scene approaches. I do some role reversal. Yet with all her tears she still had that small four letter word - L O V E.



THIS COUNTRY IS OBSESSED WITH CHOLESTEROL !


There are other cardiac risk other than cholesterol. Some of these risk factors are homocysteine, cardiac CRP, lipoprotein and fibrinogen. Fibrinogen is a plasma protein that plays a key role in the normal blood clotting cascade. In order words, you want your blood to be thin as wine or water, and not as thick as ketchup. If the fibrinogen level is greater than 400, there is a problem with the thickness of your blood. I aim to have fibrinogen levels at 250.




You need to thin your blood. Many individuals take aspirin, plavix, pradaxa and coumadin as prescribed therapies. There are other vita nutrients that can thin the blood. These are omega 3 fish oils and vitamin E. The herbs that can do this action are ginkgo, garlic, and green tea. There is even a fermented soy food called NATTO, which contains an enzyme called nattokinase. Natto is a fibrinolytic protease enzyme. It breaks clots - thus it is called fibrinolytic.


Natto can enhance your cardiac health thus decreasing your risk for a stroke or heart attack. Natto is excellent for micro circulation of the entire body. You can eat natto, this fermented soy or take it as a supplement. Cardiovascular disease is all about the bad cholesterol (LDL) oxidation causing free radical damage to arteries. Natto decreases free radical damage and LDL oxidation.


If you are concerned about healthy blood flow you should take natto. I do! I take 100 mg once or twice a day. I actually alternate 100 mg with 200 mg. Do not rush to buy natto if you are taking any conventional prescription that is used for blood thinning. There can be an interaction and it might result in internal bleeding. Studies have been done on natto as early as 1988 published in the Journal of Fibrinolysis and Thrombolysis.


For a healthy heart nothing will replace a healthy dietary and exercise lifestyle. To support arterial health your physician should address the protein, fibrin levels, oxidized LDL, cholesterol and calcium within arteries. I feel the cardiologists are focusing too much on LDL (bad) and not enough emphasis is placed on high triglycerides and a low HDL (good) cholesterol.


The Journal of Medicine in 1988 stated that statin drugs (drugs that lower cholesterol by blocking the co- reductase enzyme that forms cholesterol) have no effect on the risk factor, lipo@ (lipoprotein a)


I have a solution: Take Cardio L Forte. This is a supplement I have formulated to decrease cholesterol levels. It uses red rice yeast (a plant, Monascus purpureus, plant sterol, policosinol and guggulipids). This is one of the many products I started to develop when I was with the late Robert Atkins, MD.


I am proud of Cardio L Forte and its fantastic results. Call LONGEVITY AT 212 688 5536 OR






Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment