Wednesday, August 3, 2011

AUGUST 8, 2011 TRUST A COLEUS PLANT








"Trust but verify." - Ronald Reagan


"When a man assumes a public trust he should consider himself a public property." Thomas Jefferson


"If the people cannot trust their government to do the job for which it exists--to protect them and to promote their common welfare- all else is lost."- Barack Obama



Three United States presidents define trust. I agree with all three quotes. I am not sure I do trust the government at this point. I want to... believe me, but what is happening to health care in this country worries me. It also makes me not trust the government and its role in Medicare and in medicine as a whole. What has happened to the United States? Have you ever lost your trust in somebody? I think we all can answer 'yes' at one point in our lives. I believe I trust my instincts, as Ralph Waldo Emerson said, but the second half of this quote is, "...I can render no reason." I have learned to listen and not speak. I put the cotton in my mouth as I take it out of my ears. Coupled with observation, this listening skill has enhanced my intuition. You will never know if you trust someone unless you trust them. (Mr Hemingway said it better than I.) I trust today. I know I trust Rick without hesitation. I trust my own instincts without hesitation. I trust 'true friends' without hesitation.


I trust William Shakespeare's quote, "Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."


WE ALL WANT THE QUICK FIX FOR WEIGHT LOSS!



If everyone could lose weight with no dietary restrictions and no exercise, everyone would do it. Unfortunately the quick fixes do not work very well. But there are some herbs that can help with acceleration of weight loss and act as fat burners.



The Ayurvedic herb, Coleus forskohii has been used for many centuries. I have used it to treat an under active thyroid and respiratory disorders, especially asthma. The unique chemical compound isolated from this herb is forskolin. When I think of coleus, I think of an herbal supplement for both men and women to enhance sexual dysfunction. There are studies to support its use for sexual stamina, orgasims, climaxes and even erectile dysfunction (although I prefer argnine for that).



The active compound, forskolin has been studied to increase lean body mass and optimize composition of the body. In 2004 a University did a double blind placebo controlled study on 23 overweight women with a 12 week follow-up. This study found forskolin effective in reducing weight and increasing lean body mass, but we need more studies with more subjects and more follow-up.

I have one patient who swears that coleus is helpful for her chronic urinary tract infections.
I have not used coleus for weight loss yet.


I have used herbalSLIMtea for weight management. I know it works because I have tested this formulation on patients.
I know it works because I have used it on myself. The best news is that it is the first herbal supplement I have formulated since obtaining my herbalist degree RH-AHG (Registered Herbalist - American Herbal Guild).



It combines in tincture form five herbs:



-Dandelion



-Rosemary



-Fenugreek



-Chamomile




-Bladderwrack



It must be used with caution in patients with high blood pressure or an overactive thyroid. I used it first by drinking one cup of tea (made with all five herbs- I added a little raw honey for taste) Now it is available in tincture form (sugar and alcohol-free).



TRY IT - www.longevitynutritionals.com



Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. I have hypothyroidism for more than 5 years. Once I started to take thyroid iodine supplements, I noticed a difference in my mood and energy. I recommend this to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog. Its really good. you have nice contecnt and very good information. Its very helpful to all.
    Coleus extract Exporters, Coleus forskohlii Manufacturers
    Kindly see my website also.

    ReplyDelete