Monday, August 22, 2011

AUGUST 24, 2011 WHAT IS A CAMU ?










"When you need to tell the truth, find the courage to open your heart, as well as your mouth."


Absolutely love this quote. You always need to tell the truth. The truth could go as far back as when you were young. When my own father was not doing well health-wise I wanted to tell him certain facts and truths. It was an open communication line. I wish I hadn't waited so long to tell him, but the main point is that I finally did. The real question is, "Do you lie? Are you honest?" The older I get, the less I can tolerate dishonesty. I despise dishonestly. I would rather hear the truth no matter how painful, than a lie which will only be uncovered at some other point.



I am always asked which is the best fruit berry to ingest. I am continually learning. I read ferociously . We once thought it was blueberries, but recently we found out that blackberries (also known as mulberries) have even greater antioxidant value. The total antioxidant capacity, measured as Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) is very important in choosing which berry to consume. The normal range for ORAC is 13.9 - 45.9 mmoles TE/gram. Blueberries can have a level as high as 50 mmoles TE/g versus strawberries which average only 17.4 mmoles TE/gram. The reason for the antioxidant potential depends on the several phytonutrients contained in these fruits and vegetables. Some of these flavinoids are flavones, isoflavones, anthocyanins and catechins. The deeper purple fruits have higher levels of anthocyanins.


Your mother once told you to drink a glass of orange juice for the amount of Vitamin C it contained. This is old in 2011! The fruit Camu camu from a shrub which grows wild in the Amazon River Basin has the highest content of Vitamin C. It is about 1000-3000mg/100g. In comparison to other fruits, Camu camu is outstanding in terms of its antioxidant capacity. Camu camu wins over blueberries, apples and oranges in the fight against free radicals like peroxyl and peroxynitrite.


I would encourage you and your loved ones to take camu. I love http://www.wholeworldbotanicals.com/ as a source. The American Botanical Council also recommends this site. I would prefer to obtain Wildcrafted Royal Camu (TM) (Camu Camu)


In addition to boosting immune function, Vitamin C was recently studied at Lund University. In June 2011, researchers stated that treatment with Vitamin C can dissolve the toxic protein aggregates that build up in the brain in Alzheimer's disease (AD). This study stated that the lumps of the so called amyloid plaques which consist of misfolded protein aggregates can be dissolved.


The notion that Vitamin C has a positive effect on AD remains to this day to be controversial. More studies need to be done, but I would not stop taking it at ALL !


Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment